Monday 30 May 2011

Fraser revisited

I met last night with a lawer-type who is a friend of mine and speired aboot the Fraser case.  He drew himself up in his most lawyerly manner (he's good at that) and gave me a lesson in constitutional law, told me that Lords Hope and Roger were probably the two best minds in Scots law just now and then opined that perhaps the UK Supreme Court, if it was to fulfil the functions that it's supposed to fulfil rather than be another appeal court, should be an advisory court like the European courts.  Good point, I think.  I bow to his knowledge.  I still think it should be abolished but if the blight is to remin upon us, at least it should be defined properly!

2 comments:

Calum Cashley said...

Such cynicism! I'm glad I'm a pure-minded, clean-living young fella!

Calum Cashley said...

Whoops, comment on wrong post!

I think Andrew Rawnsley made that point about Blair in the Grauniad.